- Robert Canciello, Founder of Eos Interactive
- Jane Friedhoff and Andy Wallace, Developers and Art Makers
- Dan Butchko, CEO of Playcrafting
- Robert’s thoughts on project and team management
- How a varied background (such as one in theatre) can influence you as a developer
- Why supplemental education can help you “get the job”
- Andy’s approach to processes and systems in games that create fun
- Working with someone who has a completely different approach than you
- How to make games that say something
- Jane’s advice for not living and dying based on your sales numbers
- Plus exclusive announcements from Dan Butchko of Playcrafting about what you can expect at Play NYC this weekend, as well as who some of our special guests will be as part of the Indie Insider 50th episode special!
It’s hard to believe, but this is the third and final week of the Road to Play NYC mini-series we’ve been producing. Play NYC is this weekend, and after talking with all of our incredible guests, I have no doubt that it’s going to be an experience to remember. Robert Canciello has convinced me that the convention is in good hands, and Jane and Andy are going to make sure that the games and pure art you’ll be seeing will make Play NYC unique and special.
It’s important for me to remember why I decided to produce this series in the first place. Indie Insider exists because we wanted to help others with the desire to make games by sharing stories and advice from others. Playcrafting, and Play NYC, is striving to do something similar, and I couldn’t be more proud of what everyone is accomplishing. If you’re looking to make your first game, or you’re an experienced developer looking for something new, you’re definitely in the right place.
Make sure you check out the episode and hear the exclusive announcements Dan has to share about this weekend. And make sure you join us next week as we begin our 50th episode celebration with Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. You can hear exclusive announcements about our 50th episode celebration by checking out the episode as well.
Finally, thank you all for joining us on this Road to Play NYC journey. It’s been a TON of work, but I couldn’t be happier about it all. If you enjoy the show, please rate us on iTunes or your favorite podcast service so we can keep doing amazing things like this with amazing people. Either way, thank you, and enjoy Play NYC this weekend!
– Logan Schultz, Indie Insider Host
P.S. If you don’t have your tickets yet, don’t forget to use code INDIEINSIDER for 20% off of your purchase. Buy tickets here! (Not an affiliate code. Just a treat for all of you!)
Have thoughts or questions? Want to be on the show? Email us: [email protected]
Indie Insider, presented by Black Shell Media, is the podcast that dives into the independent video game scene by speaking with indie developers, publishers, and industry professionals about their projects, stories, and thoughts on the hottest current topics! Indie Insider airs every Monday on BlackShellMedia.com and podcast hosting sites everywhere.
Black Shell Media is a publishing and marketing firm dedicated to helping independent video game developers reach massive audiences, publish financially successful titles, and turn game development into a career. It’s our mission to help game developers get more of what they want out of a rewarding opportunity in the game industry: more fans and sustainable revenue to keep them moving forward.